Valentine’s Day is the #1 holiday for flowers! As a matter of fact, in 2018, 28 percent of Americans purchased flowers or plants as gifts for Valentine’s Day. As the flowers begin blooming this season, it is a great time to get your home or outdoor patio ready. Colorful flowers and soothing scents are a perfect complement to any home – or any special Valentine!
Did you know that plants and flowers have air purifying properties and can enhance your home’s environment?
Here are 5 flower and plant gift ideas that are sure to get your romance blooming!
- Gerbera daisies are bright and colorful flowers that thrive in outdoor conditions. This perennial flower is also believed to improve air quality by removing carbon monoxide and benzene.
- Orchids help relieve stress and can help encourage deep breathing. This colorful and fragrant plant and can also help with sleeping conditions by placing one near your bedside. Plants, in general, also increase humidity which helps to avoid seasonal ailments like sore throats, coughs and dry skin.
- The Boston Fern isn’t only lush and green, it also has the added benefit of being a natural air purifier. It removes harmful toxins from the home and increases humidity by naturally restoring moisture to the air. If your Valentine suffers from dry skin or a dry nose or throat – this plant is a definite WIN!
- The succulent plant, Aloe Vera, is not only a stylish plant, but it’s also practical for any home. It purifies the air of the toxic chemicals formaldehyde and benzene – the two most common chemicals found in household cleaning products. The gel inside also serves as a natural, holistic healing property for minor cuts and burns, including sunburns.
- Peace Lilies are not only classy and delicate but are also on the Top 10 NASA Approved Houseplants for Improving Indoor Air Quality! To be exact, Peace Lilies can improve the air quality of your home by as much as 60%. This easy to care for, the hardy, flowering plant can reduce the levels of mold spores that may grow in your bathroom. Place this flower in your bathroom to help keep your shower tiles and shower curtains free of mildew!
Indoor and outdoor plants reap many health benefits. Gain easy access to your patio and garden through functional and reliable screens doors.
Keep the bugs out and get ready to enjoy the spring breezes. If it’s time to replace your window and door screens, feel free to visit https://casperscreens.com/retractable-screens/. For information on a dealer near you, please visit us at https://www.facebook.com/casperdisappearingscreens/.
A review of your experience with our screens is always welcome and encouraged!