10 Ways to Enhance your Home’s Value that you will FALL into Comfortably
As the weather cools down, remodeling and decorating go hand in hand with enhancing your home’s value. Here are 10 tips that increase market appeal: including upgrading your outdoor living space to Fall into comfortably.
1. Connect the Indoor and Outdoor Spaces. A window overlooking your backyard is nice, but custom sliding glass doors can be even better. French patio doors have great visual appeal since people enjoy taking advantage of the large outdoor viewing space they provide.
2. Make sure to add screens to improve air flow and keep unwanted bugs & leaves outside that tend to surround our patios in the brisk months ahead.
3. If it’s in the budget, upgrade your kitchen and bathrooms. People like to feel relaxed at home, a spa-inspired bathroom is the perfect getaway. For your kitchen and outdoor entertaining spaces, granite or marble countertops add lasting durability for your money.
4. Create an Outdoor Dining Area. Families often gather around dining tables, but that doesn’t need to be limited to your dining room. Having a custom dining table built for your outdoor space is a great way to breathe new life into it.
5. Establish Levels. Creating varying levels in your outdoor living space is a way to establish distinct areas in your space. Using wooden or metal steps to connect each level can add sophistication to your outdoor living space while allowing separate areas for gathering.
6. Plant a tree. Plan for the future with a landscaping improvement that will mature over time. Plant shade trees — not only will mature trees make your home more desirable, but a fully grown, properly placed tree can cut your cooling costs by as much as 40 percent. Mature landscaping is also good for the environment, providing a necessary habitat for wildlife while adding valuable curb appeal to your home.
7. Cut energy costs. An energy-efficient home will not only save you money now, which can be applied towards other updates, but is a valuable and marketable asset in the long run. Utilizing ceiling fans, as well as adding screens to your windows and doors can cut energy costs significantly.
8. Improve the air quality inside your home. Air quality isn’t just about the conditions outdoors. If you have older carpets in your home, they might be hiding contaminants and allergens. Choose environmentally friendly natural products like tile or laminate floors. Hard-surface floors are much easier to keep clean, don’t hold odors, and give your home an updated look more appealing to buyers.
9. Paint, paint, paint. One of the simplest, most cost-effective improvements of all is paint! Freshly painted rooms look clean and updated — and that spells value. On average, a gallon of paint costs around $25. A painting party with family and friends is the perfect way to spend a weekend while watching your favorite football game.
10. Replace your screens. For homeowners, the idea of looking through a standard fixed screen door whenever you gaze outside can be somewhat annoying. This is especially the case if you have a set of very nice French doors or a beautiful sliding door. With a Casper disappearing screen, having to look through a standard fixed screen door all the time is a thing of the past. When not in use, simply retract our screen door into its housing and enjoy unencumbered views out. No more having to stare through that ripped or torn standard fixed screen. Our screens are there when you need them and then disappear when not in use.
For more information visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/casperdisappearingscreens/.
For tips on installation and measuring our screens see our video at https://casperdiyscreens.com/.